Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can I make myself healthier?

So, here is where I am going to post things that are pertinent to me maintaining a healthy life style. Yeah right? Okay, I will admit that of late, I have been indulging way too much in the caffeine. I drink a pot of strong freshly ground coffee daily. Yes, one entire pot for my own consumption. Then, I try to drink a little water to flush the caffeine from my kidney because I am not a Neanderthal; I know that I should be practicing good urinary track hygiene. But, as soon as I drink one entire bottle of water, I fire up the tea kettle and the rest of the day, I drink cup after cup of hot tea. I know, what the fuck am I doing to my system? So, I’m thinking that I’ll use this part of the summer to improve my overall health. First, cut down on coffee and tea and I’ll let you guys know how that works out. Second, I need more exercise. I’m turning into this person who researches either in the library or online all fucking day long and I am not walking like I should so my second quest for good health is to either walk daily or ride my bike daily. Third, I need to eat more meat. I am one of these people who could live my life eating grapes, oranges, and cucumbers. I know, not so good for repair, so I am either going to eat three servings of protein based food daily or I’ll drink those protein shakes that are supposed to make weightlifters lift better. And my fourth and final goal is to moisturize. I have the driest skin in the world and need to try and take a little better care of myself so I bought these skin products from Bees Wax and am applying the feet ones to the feet, the hand ones to the hand, the body to the body and the face to the face. There it is kids, let’s see if I stick to my program to health.

2 comments:

delagar said...

Wait. Drinking a pot of coffee/day is not good? What now?

zelda1 said...

No. The doctor said only one or two cups of coffee a day and that, he said, is really pushing the cardio and urinary systems. But you know how I love the coffee.